for a politics of coalition

One thing that gets me is how my political instincts just run counter to what most folks propose as the "magic bullet" for the Democratic Party. (In my view there isn't one.) As you may have guessed, politically, my instincts always come back to coalition building. This essay is an attempt to analyse why and where I differ with what I see as the prevailing ideas...and to indicate why I am interested in 'coalition building' as the Democratic Party's best bet for winning back a legislative majority.

It seems like there are two broad schools of thought currently proposing a 'model' for moving forward, those based on message and those based on process.

Let's take a look....


{click here for the full post with your comments.}

{note: this essay was long enough that I "folded it"...your comments are still welcome, and you can add to the discussion by clicking at the bottom of the linked thread.)

Popular posts from this blog

a serious moment

James Watson: racism alive and well in the USA

Sharks, Carp and Dolphins: applying a model from business to politics