herzog on the radio

Fresh Air today was about Werner Herzog's new film, Grizzly Man, documenting the life and death of Timothy Treadwell, "amateur grizzly bear expert and wildlife preservationist."

Funny thing is, after hearing the piece, I don't want to see the movie, though you might feel differently. Radio was, for me, the perfect medium to take in this challenging subject matter. Herzog is amazing here. Smoky voiced, insightful and, as always, occupying a space somewhere between obsession, malevolence and redemption.

A great...uh...listen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love Herzog! I'm surprised and delighted to see him mentioned here. Yay KO!
Anonymous said…
I heard that interview also I do want to see the film because Herzog said it was an important film of his -his comments about Treadwell's view of "wild nature" were great. I'm looking forward to the film.

Popular posts from this blog

a serious moment

James Watson: racism alive and well in the USA

Sharks, Carp and Dolphins: applying a model from business to politics