the wolfman speaks

From a WLS Chicago air check in the 1970's:


In the Background = mor r+b riff with lyrics:

---Out on the road all night long
you know he'll play your favorite songs.
Here comes the Wolfman, Wolfman Jack-----

Hi, all of you Big Darlings
I'm going to get Funky! Nasty!
Weird! Crazy! Wild!
Out of Control!
In motion, Jelly, Flipped Out!
Ahhhh! Yeahhh! Ohhhh!

Where ever you are out there
We're gonna get into your soul!
I came to flesh WLS!
I'm gonna enjoy the whole two hours with you!
Let's get crazy!

Ahhh! Yes! Sure!
Run the Rivers!
Past the Rock of Gibraltar! Uhn!
With the Wolfman, in Chicago!!!


Link to Audio

Comments

How do you do that audio link stuff? Oh, never mind -- I'll figure it out.

How frickin' coooool...
simplesinger said…
Kid O, I've been a big fan of your writing since I joined Kos and read your "One From the Heart" It's great to see you started your own place, and I'll definitly be stopping by.

I've noticed that music means a lot to you in that it provides context to a lot of your writing, and to be honest I think that is why I connect with much of what you have to say.

I'm a song writer and thought I'd pass along some information about my bands last album entitled "for now". The music involves a cello player, a mandolin player, a hand percussionist and me on guitar and vocals. I don't want to come off as some overbearing "music is my art" or even a glad-handing "music is my profession" kind of guy, because to be honest those types of people are the reason that I haven't been involved in actively pursuing a music career.

I just wanted to share some of my music. From one music fan to another.

Here's the link to our cdbaby site, and clips of all the tunes. I hope you like it.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mockingblue
kid oakland said…
Hey thanks....simplesinger...

nice music! Reminds me good music from my midwest days...thanks for the link and the comment.

And for those with a taste for folk music and who didn't cut and paste...it's worth a visit and a listen. Here's the link....

the first track is quite nice.

Popular posts from this blog

a serious moment

James Watson: racism alive and well in the USA

Sharks, Carp and Dolphins: applying a model from business to politics