.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

 k / o
                                       politics + culture

Monday, September 05, 2005

Barbara Bush

From Editor and Publisher article on a Bush family visit to Hurricane victims in Houston (from David NYC of DailyKos):

"Almost everyone I've talked to says we're going to move to Houston. What I'm hearing is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this {she chuckles slightly} is working very well for them."

5 Comments:

  • k/o if you didn't like the N-word, then the C-word would probably be unwelcome.

    It's what I think though. And to me it's the appropriate word.

    I lack your sensitivity.

    Nonetheless, like your writing, quite a bit actually.

    By Blogger Ratprick, at 8:35 PM  

  • Thanks RP....and thanks for the comment.

    As for the Bushes.....I'm out of Words.....

    By Blogger kid oakland, at 9:03 PM  

  • My jaw dropped when I first heard the piece on NPR tonight, and Atrios has now made the same horrified observation: That Barbara Bush quote is actually worse than E&P lets on. On the Marketplace audio, Babs actually says:

    "What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is that they all want to stay in Texas."

    E&P edited out the "scary" part.

    By Blogger wg, at 9:27 PM  

  • Pam's House blend has got a great piece on this....

    and it's titled "she cannot get lower than this"....

    nuff said....

    By Blogger kid oakland, at 10:03 PM  

  • Oh, yeah, great heads up.....wg.

    By Blogger kid oakland, at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home