blog notes

This blog hasn't been at it's best of late. That's pretty clear to everyone involved. Including me.

There are...well...a TON of reasons for this. Not least of which is how busy I've been in my work and personal life.

Regardless of any of the particulars, I think it's time for some reinvention here, if not a reinvention of how I "blog" in general.

And...rrrg....I don't know exactly what that means or how to achieve that. (Though I've got some ideas cooking right now.)

Part of the issue is how this blog looks and reads. Part of it how it works. Part of it is the expecations I set for you...as readers and commentors...and part of it is expectations I set for myself.

All I can say is that I am making some changes...even doing some new projects...and that will involve a bit of awkward transition here or there.

I want you all to know, however, that I appreciate your readership....and that my goal with this is to make something sustainable that works for all of us, readers / bloggers alike.

I'll update you as we go. But I just wanted to let you know that this kind of stuff was what's been "going on."

peace,
kid o.

Comments

kid oakland said…
Yeah, it's not like you couldn't figure that our already....lol.

Problems here abound...clunky interface...inconsistent posting....I've had really idiotic META tag issues...(Robots turned off)...and the identity of this place has changed as I've been more or less available to write.

That kind of stuff wasn't as obvious when I wrote on dkos....but it's pretty damn clear here.

Argh!!

I'm not going anywhere. What I'm looking to do, however, is make something that works and grows and is sustainable.

It may be that there are a couple of reinvents in the pike.

For now, I'm putting one foot in front of the other.


peace.
Unknown said…
Take your time k/o, the site reflects whatever light you choose to shine. I'll still be here reading.
Anonymous said…
If you're going to do anything which breaks your ATOM feed, please post a warning a few days in advance -- otherwise some of us might not realize, and simply miss your new posts.
Anonymous said…
k/o,

You write from the heart when you have something to say. I'll be here to read it whenver you write. So far it has always been worth the wait.

-Alan
kid oakland said…
No worries on the Atom feed....

which is:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/k/o

btw.


Thanks for the comments manegee, silence and bassclef....appreciated....I'll have more thoughts soon.
Dean said…
Hey k/o,

Just wanted to say that I have found your writings about Ellen and France really interesting. They are reminders, at least to me, of how blogging is just a part of a person and that there is so much we don't know about other people even if we read their work often.

Hope all is well.
ctkeith said…
I'm with ratprick,

You write, I read.Thats the only deal I ask for .

Oops,now I'm no longer just a lurker
kid oakland said…
Once again, thanks everybody.

Your feedback is truly appreciated...especially in these goldarned dark days of Winter...argh.

kid o.
NYBri said…
I'm still here as well.

Popular posts from this blog

a serious moment

James Watson: racism alive and well in the USA

Sharks, Carp and Dolphins: applying a model from business to politics