Foley/Hastert coverage on local blogs

Josh Marshall at Talking Points Memo has had absolutely stellar coverage of the Foley/Hastert Page Affair (Josh, along with Hunter at dailyKos, has steadily provided a laser focus on the core issues here.)

As part of his coverage Josh Marshall has asked local readers to ask their Congressional representatives to go on the record about the Foley/Hastert affair. Here are some of the responses.

And, here, in no particular order is how local blogs are following Josh's lead in examining this Republican failure of leadership:

  • Say No to Pombo asks for calls to Richard Pombo's office
  • Goldy at Horses Ass covers how GOP Congressman Dave Reichert has scrubbed his web page of photos taken of him with Mark Foley.
  • MN Publius points out that newly vulnerable GOP incumbent John Kline is ducking out of debates with Coleen Rowley perhaps to avoid having to comment on the Foley/Hastert affair.
  • And Dump Mike in NJ-07 points out that once again GOP Congressman Mike Ferguson is returning money from a tainted GOP colleague. At some point, folks in NJ might have a better solution to that situation...
  • Comments

    mainsailset said…
    little correction, Goldy is pointing to DAVE Reichert's site
    kid oakland said…
    Thanks mainsailset.
    LP said…
    I also wrote about heather wilson's ties to the Foley scandal.
    PA progressive said…
    Rep. Joseph Pitts (R-nearest cave) said this:

    “I don't get the sense that there was any kind of cover-up at all,”

    I ctitiqued his statement at http://thepennsylvaniaprogressive.com
    Anonymous said…
    Does it make you proud to be the least visited liberal blog in the universe? That's quite an accomplishment! All your hard work, and yet no one really comes to visit... Everyone like that big meanie Daily Kos better! :(
    kid oakland said…
    Interesting question anonymous, and one that I asked in a number of posts months ago. Clearly, k/o has never found the formula that generates the boost in readership that makes and sustains a "popular blog".

    For what it's worth, I AM proud of this blog and the wide variety of folks who've read and commented here over the last year. The community of readers who've visited here has been top notch. If anything, I feel my limited ability to post consistently has let them down.

    This blog may not be popular in terms of traffic, but the modest traffic I do get hardly makes me "least visited." And, fwiw, the local bloggers I've linked to and written about these last weeks have expressed appreciation for the attention.

    And, vis a vis my pride. That's laughable. Sure, I'm proud of this blog. I'm also proud of any number of things that I've accomplished and continue to accomplish vis a vis netroots activism and online writing. I'm not perfect; but I think my public record as "kid oakland" is something to be proud of.

    I think the more relevant question, anonymous, is what it says about you to be reduced to trolling here at 3:30AM...especially given your views of this blog.

    Are you proud of that?

    I hope not.

    Popular posts from this blog

    a serious moment

    James Watson: racism alive and well in the USA

    Sharks, Carp and Dolphins: applying a model from business to politics