re: blogging, writing, life

I'm still here. lol.

Though I'm not sure how many of the casual readers who used to check in semi-regularly or quasi-semi regularly off the dKos blogroll will do so now that the dKos link is down. Some folks just don't do bookmarks. I've said this before, but I appreciate your readership however you arrive here.

For what it's worth, I also appreciate links. All bloggers do. Hell, part of what I tried to do during the 2006 elections was to turn this blog over to links to the local and regional blogs. The google page rank here...thanks in part to some high-powered incoming links...in turn helped those blogs. That's how it works.

You can see a few of them, for now, down the side bar of this blog. I'd like to think those links also offered some moral support.

But, yes, that now outdated blog roll, if not this entire blog and my blogging itself, is due for a change/revamp soon. That being given, I don't really have much to say on the meta topic of blogrolls other than to say that one's blogroll is, uh, one's blogroll.

If there's anything a blogger has the right to change at will it would be that. In the old days before easy RSS, and for curmudgeons like me, a blogroll was just an easy way to check in with a whole bunch of blogs one reads.

I think Markos putting some focus on local and regional blogs is a fine move. Of course, I'm biased on that topic. Were there politics to kos's blogroll choices? Sure. Everything's political. More to the point, there will be some real economic impact, not to mention personal impact, to all the blogs that used to get a boost from the dkos link. There's no way around that. Dailykos is that huge.

As for me, my blogging, my writing and this blog...we'll just have to see. Traffic has never been a be all and end all for me. For what it's worth, before I dove into covering local blogs last election cycle, I was appreciating the joy of writing and blogging again.

That's something I'd like to do again. Writing for the joy of it.

In the meantime, I've been busy with life. That's just the way it's been. When I have the time to give it the proper consideration, I'm sure I'll come up with my blogging "next move."

Until then, see you on the internets and here at k/o.

Comments

i'm always interested to see where you take things, you tend to be a step ahead of the crowd.

keep doing your own thing, kid, and please keep writing, whether it be for its own sake or for some purpose. i like reading what you have to say.
RHerman said…
I still check in with you from time to time. Trying to figure what's next for my blog too. Will be looking to see what you come up with. Life moves us all along.
All best

Popular posts from this blog

a serious moment

James Watson: racism alive and well in the USA

Sharks, Carp and Dolphins: applying a model from business to politics