President Bill Clinton suggests that some in his audience are "Obama plants"

What to make of this exchange highlighted at the end of an article in today's NYT?:

“I liked seeing Barack and Hillary fight,” [Bill Clinton] said. “They’re real people. I’ve been waiting all my life to see this sort of thing.”

From the crowd, one young man rose to question him. “A lot of us,” the man said, “believe Senator Obama eventually will be the first black president. Are you going to be O.K. with having stood in his way? Do you think that will affect your legacy among blacks in South Carolina?”

“No,” Mr. Clinton replied. “Yes and no. Yes, I’m O.K., but I’m not standing in his way; I think Hillary would be a better president.”

A bit later, Mr. Clinton suggested to the same crowd that his young questioner might have been planted by the Obama campaign
.

Comments

Anonymous said…
“I liked seeing Barack and Hillary fight,” [Bill Clinton] said. “They’re real people. I’ve been waiting all my life to see this sort of thing.”

This guy wants to see gladiators! He likes them. The Clintons will take us down the next rung... of a nation in decline.
Anonymous said…
Enough already! The Clintons (Billary) are dividing the country into race and gender bashing. We are one country that needs to be united under Obama. The Clintons want to win at all costs but their mud-slinging, race-bating and deception will leave us divided. Haven't we had enough already?
Anonymous said…
Ironic that he accuses Obama of planting questions at his event. I thought only the Clinton campaign was allowed to plant at Clinton events.

Popular posts from this blog

a serious moment

James Watson: racism alive and well in the USA

Sharks, Carp and Dolphins: applying a model from business to politics